Friday, March 8, 2013

FFWD - Cheesy Creme Brulee

This was the perfect starter to my husband's birthday dinner this week.  He loves cheese, so I knew he would like this!  I have never made creme brulee, for some reason I thought it was too much work to make.  But this cheesy creme brulee was pretty easy, and I LOVE anything that can be made in advance! 


The topping is so good...kinda like when you make a grilled cheese and some cheese runs out on the grill and you pick it off the grill and pop it into your mouth :-)


I used sharp white cheddar and Parmesan for my cheeses.

Butter six ramekins and divide the "teensy" cubes of cheese. 

Add a mixture of cream, milk, and egg yolks.

Ready for the oven!

The perfect starter for a special dinner! 
This was a hit in our house!!
 
The recipe can be found in the cookbook, Around My French Table, page 148.

11 comments:

  1. You cut the cheese just right Kendra and I used parmesan too. I think that is what made the crust so brown... glad your husband loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. This was such a great dish - so easy and so sophisticated! Definitely what I would want on my birthday. Lovely job with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job. I bet your husband enjoyed his birthday dinner. We are cheese lovers at my house so this dish went over well. Hope you have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect start to a great dinner celebration. I like the cheese that you used, I'll bet it
    was delicious. I did not freeze these cheese brulee, I had frozen some of the Coeur a la
    creme that we made a few weeks ago. When I defrosted them they were delicious.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like these for my birthday dinner too! Great choice (or is it just good fortune that your husband has his birthday the same week as this recipe was up?) Definitely a delicious dish. Have a great weekend, and happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cheesy creme brulee looks wonderful!! Perfect for a celebration birthday dinner! We enjoyed these, however the classic version is still my favorite!! Happy Birthday to your husband, and have a wonderful weekend, Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made my cheese squares that small, too. I felt very spoiled eating these through the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "like when you make a grilled cheese and some cheese runs out on the grill and you pick it off the grill and pop it into your mouth" You hit the nail on the head! So, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excactly what Mardi said!
    We really liked this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's exactly how the cheesy creme brulee should look (and, taste). Yours was perfection. Mine was tasty but a photo opportunity-disaster. Lumps and not enough crust. But, it was your husband's birthday and I am so glad you started out your dinner with such a masterpiece. Which it was. Bravo. (I will try again later.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love easy and cheesy, too! Your dice of cheese looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete